Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My boyfriend is a sleeper cell?

Doing research on American history can be eye-opening. I don't mean the American Revolution or the French 'n' Indian War. I'm talking about more recent history. Mostly I'm dealing with the Middle East right now, Iran, Iraq, and the Taliban. These are the books I'm reading:

Persian Mirrors by Elaine Sciolino



All the Shah's Men by Stephen Kinzer



The books I have next on the agenda are: Guests of the Ayatollah (Mark Bowden), Taliban (Ahmed Rashid), and What Went Wrong (Bernard Lewis).
I'm just against the idea of being told what I should believe. I have to learn about these events in order to get a clear view of where America stands today and what my opinion on current events should be. I'm reading several books because one should never just take ONE author's words as truth. A good opinion is formed by much reading and analysis.

I'm on a quest. Join me if you will, I would love the conversations.